The complexity of choosing the right voice:
Finding the right voices can take time, which when you're juggling multiple business projects, might be in short supply.
Aflorithmic's audio library is extremely expansive, with over 500 voices from 8 of the biggest providers in the industry including Google, Microsoft Azure, Vocal ID, and more. These voices also vary in over 60 different languages, accents, ages, paces, and energies, which are all important factors that can get lost without the right voices filtering parameters.
Fortunately, there is a way to do this quickly and easily. Due to the extensive and well-maintained tagging system, as well as the labelling and ranking regime, this process is now more efficient than ever.
Smart-Filtering by parameters:
These parameters cover everything from voice tone, to pitch, emotion and style such as fun, upbeat, energetic, serious, formal etc
You can also choose your voice based on gender and age depending on your use case. As well as a choice of over 60 different languages and accents including English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Hindi, Polish, and more.
There is also the ability to search by use case suggestions. For example, advertising, news, commercial, fitness, real estate, travel, education and more.
Here is a full list of our parameters:
- provider (string) - Try one of: google, polly, azure, msnr
- language (string) - Try with one of: english, spanish, french, german
- accent (string) - Try with one of: american, british, neutral, portuguese/brazilian, american soft, mexican, australian
- gender (string) - Try with one of: male, female
- ageBracket (string) - Try with one of: adult, child, senior
- tags (string) - Try with one or more (separated by commas) of: steady, confident, balanced, informative, serious, instructional, slow, storytelling, calm, clear, deep, formal, sad, thin, fast, upbeat, fun, energetic, tense, very fast, flat, low pitched, high pitched, low-pitched, sing-y, cooperative, kind, stable, monotonous, neutral, responsible, business man, straight to the point, knowledgeable, focused, newscastery, newsreader, interviewer, reliable, friendly, welcoming, good for handing out information, slightly friendly
- industryExamples (string) - Try with one or more of: fitness, business, commercial, fashion, travel, audiobook, faith, health industry, commercial, real estate, kids entertainment, games, customer service, education, storytelling, entertainment, kids, education audiobook
Building a user-friendly frontend
Thankfully, Aflorithmic have simplified all of this by creating an extensive and well-maintained tagging, labeling and ranking regime using the above parameters. We have also compiled some suggestions on how you can use our smart-filtering system to build your own frontend for your users to be able to filter through voices themselves. We have curated 3 options for 3 main hypotheses; minimal, medium and large. Take a look at some UX styles and mockups below:
Minimal Frontend - Curated Shortlist
At API.audio we created this shortlist was curated for users based on input or job to do. For example, an English script for female avatar. In this case you can filter by VoiceName, Language/Accent, or even speaking style.
Medium Frontend: Discovery Focused UX
This second option can retrieve the list of voices for preview using our Smart-filtering feature.
Large: Parameter Search
As a third example, by using a Parameter based search, the entire library can be made searchable for your user. This is the most comprehensible filtering system, and here are some combinations you can use:
Try it now for your business
So whether you want to create a frontend like one of these for your users, or you have a specific project you are looking for voices for, your business can benefit from Aflorithmic's voice discoverability feature. Try it out now in our library to start shortlisting hundreds of voices down to your perfect picks in seconds.
Aflorithmic is a London/Barcelona-based technology company. The API.audio platform enables fully automated, scalable audio production by using synthetic media, voice cloning, and audio mastering, to then deliver it on any device, such as websites, mobile apps, or smart speakers.
With this Audio-As-A-Service, anybody can create beautiful sounding audio, starting from a simple text to including music and complex audio engineering without any previous experience required.
The team consists of highly skilled specialists in machine learning, software development, voice synthesizing, AI research, audio engineering, and product development.