"Synthetic Media, is set to change everything we know about creating, receiving, digesting, and ultimately democratising media."
Says the 2020 Synthetic Media Report. We couldn't agree more! Here is an excerpt from paper:
1. Artificially enhanced synthetic media is the start of the third evolutionary stage of Media.
2. Synthetic Media will democratize media creation and creativity for everyone.
3. It will lead to a significant drop in barriers and costs to create top-notch content. Creators will be able to make changes to a dialogue spoken in a video or podcast by just editing a text script – after the media asset was recorded. No “Oh no, we need to shoot this scene again” anymore.
4. SM is AI-generated or AI-modified media allowing hyper-personalisation of content to each and every listener.
5. Celebrities, artists, influencers, and experts will be able to scale: They will have Digital Twins representing them at any time without any limits. Their Digital Twins can be everywhere that they aren’t, from making movies, hosting concerts to recording voice-overs in commercials.
6. Consumers will listen + see individualized, synthetic product placements tailored to their tastes / needs. Ex: Emily listens to a podcasts and the product placement is about nike, her friend who wears adidas gets the adidas ad"
So, what do you think? Is there a point we've missed? Are there any specific challenges that can prevent synthetic media to be the next big thing? Please let us know!